What Is Promise Keepers and Why Is It Coming Back? I answered that question on this week’s episode of Real Truth. Real Quick.
- “Toxic masculinity” is unbiblical masculinity.
- God is the ultimate promise keeper. If we are followers of Christ, we should be more conformed to His image.
- Nobody suffers more than women and children when men live unfaithful lives.
- We don’t need men to just join a Promise Keepers group, we need men who will do the things that Scripture calls men to do.
“Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love.” 1 Corinthians 16:13-14
For a deeper study, read the account of Elijah on Mount Carmel in 1 Kings 18:16 – 46.
“But he himself went a day’s journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree; and he requested for himself that he might die,…” 1 Kings 19:4
“Yet I will leave 7,000 in Israel, all the knees that have not bowed to Baal and every mouth that has not kissed him.” 1 Kings 19:18
“And the brethren, when they heard about us, came from there as far as the Market of Appius and Three Inns to meet us; and when Paul saw them, he thanked God and took courage.” Acts 28:15
“not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.” Hebrews 10:25
Promise Keepers is an opportunity to:
1. Strengthen the hearts of men
2. Increase people’s devotion to Christ
3. Strengthen the local church
Call to Action: Set your alarm daily for 7:31 to pray for the 2020 Promise Keepers event.
For more information on Promise Keepers, click here.