What Should We Make of Kanye’s Profession of Faith and Celebrity Conversions in General? I answered that question on this episode of Real Truth. Real Quick.
- When someone professes their faith, Christians should encourage them and treat them like a true child of the faith.
- The first thing believers should do when someone professes their faith is rejoice.
- Truth is not true because people agree with it. It is true because it is truth.
- Your ministry should not have credibility because of a celebrity. It should be credible because it is defined by the love of Christ and sound doctrine.
- Pastors who platform celebrities too hastily are more pimps and predators than pastoral.
- If you’re giving celebrities more attention than another recent convert who is just as valuable to God, that is serious a problem.
“Do not lay hands upon anyone too hastily and thereby share responsibility for the sins of others; keep yourself free from sin.” 1 Timothy 5:22
“In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents” Luke 15:10
“When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is the one on whom seed was sown beside the road.” Matthew 13:19
“Others fell on the rocky places, where they did not have much soil; and immediately they sprang up, because they had no depth of soil.” Matthew 13:5
“yet he has no firm root in himself, but is only temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away.” Matthew 13:21
“Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,” Romans 5:1
“through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.” Romans 5:2
“And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance;” Romans 5:3
“and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope;” Romans 5:4
“But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called ‘Today,’ so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.” Hebrews 3:13
“Others fell among the thorns, and the thorns came up and choked them out.” Matthew 13:7
“And the one on whom seed was sown among the thorns, this is the man who hears the word, and the worry of the world and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.” Matthew 13:22
“and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.” Romans 8:30
“The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.” 2 Timothy 2:2
Click the following link to subscribe to our weekly videos. – https://www.youtube.com/realtruthrealquick
Click the following link to view our entire archive of questions and answers. – http://realtruthrealquick.com/archives/